Sunday, October 18, 2009

Put some fiber in your diet

Another week-end, another brioche exercise ! I love getting up on Sunday morning with the buttery smells of a warm brioche. With some cherry jam and a hot chocolate. It's as if the time stops while I savor my breakfast and read the Sunday newspaper. Today was no exception.
Flashback to Saturday. I was so looking forward to my Sunday breakfast, I rushed through the kitchen, whipping up that brioche dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day (and let me reiterate, it is a wonderful recipe ! Easy, fast, highly reproducible. A must-keep). It was to be a 10 minute affair until, gasp, I ran out of flour ! One cup missing. First it was the honey, I compensated with some regular sugar. But the flour ? Grumble, grumble, grumble...Oh wait I have whole wheat flour. Bam ! The last cup with whole wheat. Now I can have my fiber and eat it too :)
As it turned out, the brioche tasted just the same. Except it had little specks of whole wheat. It makes me wonder how much flour I can substitute for whole wheat to make my breakfast experience a bit healthier. There is always next week-end !

No comments:

Post a Comment